October, 2012

October, 2012
October 2012

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

My newest "toys"

About a month ago I was flipping through channels late at night. I never watch home shopping channels, have never bought a single thing off of TV.  But I had wanted one of these for a long time.  It is called a Cricut Expression and is used to make die cuts for scrapbooking, cardmaking, etc.  This particular promotion also came with a handheld design studio called the Gypsy.  At the bottom of the screen it said 10 minutes remaining then this bundle would be gone forever.  I was excited now.  Just to make sure though, I ran to the computer and looked up the price of both machines individually and cartridge prices.  The total came to @850!  HSN was selling it for $350!!! I don't usually spend that much on stuff like this, but I lost all self control and ordered it.  I am so glad I did.  Well worth the money.  I wish I had it when I was teaching to make bulletin boards and posters for the classroom.  I can even make those vinyl wall words with the machine although I haven't tried it yet! 

Cricut Expression


Cricut Gypsy
Of course new toys like this deserve a nice place to live, so I once again moved my scrapbooking room.  I painted the living room a beautiful green color and moved everything upstairs.  This needed to be done anyway because when we were in the room downstairs, Mom couldn't see us and was making herself crazy trying to figure out what we were doing.  Of course I would tell her, then she would forget what I had said within a few minutes and start getting agitated.  She kept telling Daddy those kids (she forgets they are her grandkids) are going to tear the house down.  Eventually he would get up and come say hi to the kids just to make Mom think he was doing something about the situation.  So all of my "stuff" has a wonderful new space upstairs.  This is the best scrapbooking/craft space I have had so far.  17 feet long, the most space I have had. I thought it would bother me to have a space where the kids would always be looking over my shoulder, but so far that hasn't been an issue.  We have the Wii in this room and a great place to curl up and read a book or drink a cup of coffee and chat. 






My latest project is a 24 x 18 canvas that I painted using a dishcloth.  I used the Cricut to make some of the accents and the lettering.  I haven't even glued this down yet, something is missing from the layout, but I haven't figured out what yet!

These are masks that Anna made.  The picture doesn't do them justice.  She is actually very creative and loves to do crafts with me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment